Monday, August 15, 2016

Life Lately


I almost feel like I need to say 'Welcome Back!'

It has been a whirlwind of a week since I last blogged. So let's get caught up on life lately. 

See this sweet, innocent face?! This was before the madness. Ken is almost 7 months old and needed to go the groomer again. So of course I had to snap a lot of pictures before she lost her long, teddy bear fur!

However, a few days before this, Kenni started getting sick. Now she's always been car sick, so when she gets sick after being on the road, I never think twice! But she started throwing up every day, even without travelling anywhere! As you fur mama's know, we worry about our little ones!! So as Kenni continued to get sick, I knew something wasn't right. I made an appointment with the vet and took her in.
Kenni loves the vet! Mostly because lots of people play with her. You'd think she gets no love at home ;)

 She threw up twice at the vet so they decided to keep her overnight. My poor little heart almost couldn't take it as I walked out of the vet's office without her. I called every two hours for updates and was happy to hear so was doing well!

So they next day, I head back to the vet to pick her up and took home what I thought was a happy, healthy puppy!


We get home from the vet, I carry all her stuff in, and come around the corner to find her sitting here. I think she was happy to be home :)

I wish that was the end of our troubles, but it was not. Unfortunately, she got sick once we were home, and on top of that, starting having a couple of accidents in her crate (which she had only done once before) and having to go outside every half hour. I could just tell she wasn't herself. 

Since I wasn't very happy with our first trip to the vet, we tried a different one in the area and I was thrilled! West Branch Animal Clinic took such great care of both Kenni and I! 

This time, the vet decided she likely picked up a GI bug, and with the overload of IV fluids, she just wasn't feeling herself. We got some new medicine and I'm happy to report she's almost back to normal and feeling much better!


Meanwhile, life has continued and I've been busy with work. Every now and then, I'm lucky enough to pick up my cousin's kiddos from daycare! My cousin and her husband both have tough jobs, and they aren't always able to get off work early enough! On some of those days, I'm lucky enough to fill in!


It usually means my evenings are filled with blocks, playing, and coloring!

This little munchkin was all about playing dress up! She would dump the container out and then put every bracelet, necklace, and pair of sunglasses on before putting them back in the container. Then she'd dump it out and start all over again!

Because I don't always get a lot of time to play with them on days I pick them up, as we head home and then it is time for dinner and bed, I decided to take them each on dates! 

Someone was loving her mac and cheese!

For date 1, this munchkin and I headed to the mall after lunch for pedicures! It was her first pedicure ever and she loved it!

She thought it was so fun to sit in the big girl chairs and put her feet in the mini bathtub!


She choose a sparkly green for her toes and couldn't stop talking about how pretty they were!

I'd say it was a pretty successful day! We had a great time together and she's already excited for our next 'date!'


So that's life lately. Crazy, hectic, busy, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

xo

j

No comments:

Post a Comment