Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Weekend Adventures & Birthday Surprises

So this past weekend was a special one because I headed home to surprise my best friend for her birthday!

Morgan and I go way back. As evidenced by this lovely picture, we've been friends since we were little girls back in Dance Recitals. (Please note the beautiful, slicked back hair. I was very stylish)
Since then, we've run track together in middle school, participated in one year of cheerleading together before Morgan realized that wasn't her cup of tea, and we graduated from high school. 


After we graduated, Morgan headed to Iowa State and I went to UNI. We still remained friends, hanging out over breaks and summers, before she really left and headed to San Antonio, Texas for an internship. 


She fell in love with Texas and its people, so unless we met up during Christmas break, our visits were far and few between. 

Luckily, I was able to fly down one year and spend a week with her. We did Texas right and saw the sights in San Antonio and spent the day in Fredericksburg visiting wineries. If you know anything about me, you'll know that day was my favorite!!!


A few months ago, Morgan was offered a promotion in her organization and moved to Kansas City! I was thrilled because it meant driving instead of flying for visits! And just last week, Morgan celebrated her 25th Birthday! As it so happens, she was heading to our hometown, so I (with the help of her mom) decided to head home and surprise her!

I can count on one hand the number of times I have seen Morgan cry, so when I walked through the door and she started crying, it was absolutely worth it!

Our weekend was spent like most of our get togethers are: eating and drinking! Friday night we stayed up talking over drinks and pizza! Saturday was spent on the golf course (where I observed the golfers and drank). We went out to eat that night before coming home and watching a movie! If you haven't yet watched 13 Hours, you need to! 
 
Sunday was another lazy day, but it started with a special treat. Morgan's sister Lauren came home for the weekend too! She just returned from a trip to Norway, so she treated us with a traditional Norwegian breakfast! It was a little unusual for traditional breakfast food in America, but it was delicious!
 
Another crazy part of the weekend was that we had five people and five dogs! Lauren and Morgan each have their own pups, I have Kenni, and the Egli family has two dogs. Needless to say it was crazy at times, but I loved every second of it!

Sunday night it was back to Iowa City before the work week began. It was a wonderful weekend get away and a real treat to surprise my friend!

Happy Birthday Morgan!

xo,

j

No comments:

Post a Comment