Today's blog is a day (or two!) late, but because I love my What's Up Wednesday so much, I decided I just couldn't miss it!
The last Wednesday of every month, my favorite bloggers host What's Up Wednesday and answer these questions...
1. What I'm eating this week
My cousin's husband is an awesome cook. It runs in the family as his mom operates the best restaurants in small town Iowa. So when I got to head out there for dinner one night, I was pretty excited!
On this night, we had homemade flatbreads and green beans. Now I never used to be a big green been fan, but the way he cooks them, I always go for seconds!
2. What I'm reminiscing about
The Back Porch Revival!
Ya'll, The Native Fund, which supports local Iowans who have suffered from disasters, held the BEST concert at Kinnick Stadium this past weekend. Tucker Beathard, Big & Rich, Thomas Rhett, and Blake Shelton all came to Iowa City to play the first ever concert held at the stadium, and I'll tell you what, it was awesome! They rocked the stage and I loved it!
I had so much fun I forgot to take pictures, but I think it was such a success and can't wait til they do it again! An awesome country concert supporting a good cause. Sign me up!
3. What I'm loving
Lunch dates! This week has been all about catching up with friends who have returned to Iowa City for the start of classes. This means lunch dates, coffee dates, wine nights, and more! I'm so happy to be reunited with wonderful people:)
4. What we've been up to
The Back Porch Revival! Check out the Facebook page for more pictures and to see how awesome this event truly was!
5. What I'm dreading
Saying goodbye to this little nugget for the long weekend!
6. What I'm working on
This week I've been cleaning, organizing, and tossing. I took a big bag of clothes to Plato's Closet, Goodwill, and now am trying out Poshmark. I'm a hoarder of clothes. I have a hard time getting rid of things, because I always think that I will want to wear that shirt from my freshman year of college one more time! But alas, I never do! So it was time to say goodbye to some of my clothes to make way for my new #NSale purchases!
7. What I'm excited about
This weekend, I'm heading back to Vail, Colorado with friends! I'm so excited to hang out with friends, hike, visit the farmer's market, and recreate this picture for the 4th year in a row! Vail will always be my favorite place on this earth, so I'm excited to show some friends around!
8. What I'm watching/reading
Kindle First books are a game-changer. Usually, they aren't the well-known, best seller books. But the past few months, I've loved them! Each month, readers are able to select one of six books to read before they are released to the general public. There are a variety of choices, like historical fiction, romance, thriller, and more. I always read the descriptions to make the best choice, and so far, they've been winners!
This month's pick is Exhume by Danielle Girard!
Hopefully it's a good selection this month!
9. What I'm listening to
This month I've been all about the upbeat music to get me through my work day, so I'm loving catchy songs with a great beat!
Lush Life by Zara Larsson and...
Closer by the Chainsmokers ft. Halsey have been all over my playlists this month!
10. What I'm wearing
All my Nordstrom purchases have arrived! And many of them are perfect for the fall weather in the mountains! Can't wait to share photos of them all next week!
11. What I'm looking forward to this weekend
My trip! And being reunited with my Dallas friends!
Vail, CO here we come!
12. What I'm looking forward to next month
The return of College Football.
I'm missing the Hawks first game against Miami (OH), but you can bet I'll be watching it out in Colorado!
And next week its the annual Iowa - Iowa St. game. A rivalry. A night game. In Iowa City.
Sign. Me. Up.
GO HAWKS!
13. What else is new
Not much! Ready for the three day weekend:)







No comments:
Post a Comment