Friday, November 11, 2016

October Book Review


So it turns out mixing a full-time job, a social life, a puppy, and sleep makes for little free time to sit around and read books!

That said, I've still managed to fit a couple into the month of October!

So I'm happy to share my three reads from this month!


I mentioned this book a few weeks ago and was finally able to finish it! I really liked it! It started to drag a bit toward the middle/end, but it wrapped up well! It was an ending I wasn't really expecting and was actually quite sad. But I liked the suspense of the book and how the numerous characters tied together. But a word of warning, it is about a plane crash so it definitely isn't a book to pick up if you're looking for a fun, light read. 


Who We Were Before follows a family in present and past tense. It tangles the history of a couple, and how things went wrong, with their current struggles. This book tugged at the heartstrings a bit, as you feel for this couple and what they are going through. I found myself rooting for them and hoping they could work it out. The epilogue of this one tied things together, but I still found myself wanting more of an explanation or closure from this one!



I think the theme of my October books was sad and dreary, because Evelyn, After didn't get much better. This story follows two couples, intertwined by an affair and the scandalous aftermath. I found myself quite sad reading this one, as I wanted so much more for each character. It really left me unsatisfied, so here's hoping November's books get better!

If you have any good picks I should read, let me know!

xo,

j





No comments:

Post a Comment