Friday, November 11, 2016

Decisions, decisions


So when I graduated from the University of Iowa MHA program in May, I immediately began my administrative fellowship with the University of Iowa Physician group here in Iowa City. It's hard to believe I've already been here for 6 months!

But recently, my boss has begun asking me what I'd like to do once my fellowship ends.

My answer: Who the hell knows?!

And it got me thinking about the bigger question in life: how do we ever know what we want to do? Sure I decided I wanted to do healthcare administration. But even then, there are a MILLION routes and choices I could take. I could be a physician recruiter, I could work with IT, I could be a finance guru, I could work on strategic planning, I could do so many different things.

So how do you choose? How do you choose a job, a city, a house, and more?!

For me, I'm starting to figure out what I like and more importantly, what I don't like. So I know that IT and finance aren't the routes for me. So I'll keep trying new things. And eventually, I'll figure out what it is I want to do and I'll begin applying for those jobs.

But through all of this, I've realized the most important thing I can do is to be happy. So I'll keep looking until I find something that I love. And I'll apply that to every aspect of my life, not just my career. I'll live in a place I love and surround myself with people I love.

And I will do my best to make sure that I am as happy as I can be every damn day:)

So even though my route there may be a little unconventional, I'll figure it out. And I'll be sure to love every moment of the process.

I hope you find your happiness too.

xo,

j

No comments:

Post a Comment