This week has been crazy, fun, busy, and I am so looking forward to the weekend!
Hope you all have had a great start to your week:)
This week, I'm eating a whole lot of.....
Weight Watcher's Meals!
Anyone else out there slowly have the pounds creep up on you?! Well I've decided I'm going to do something about it! I make my own breakfasts and lunches, but sometimes, it's nice to come home and have something easy! So that's what I've been eating this week!
What I've been reminiscing about....
My Vail vacation! The weather here is finally cooling off, so it's definitely reminding me of the perfect weather we had this trip!
What I'm loving....
This weather! People just look at those next couple days! 65, 73, 72, and 68 degrees! I'm in heaven!
What I've been up to....
Get togethers with co-workers and friends. I've been so lucky to work with people that I can now call my friends, both in my current job and in previous jobs! How lucky am I to have people that make it so fun to go into work?! I got together with this group last Friday night and I have a dinner planned this week with another friend!
What I'm dreading...
First, I'm dreading winter. With fall comes the promise of snow and cold weather, much quicker than I'd like. But what I'm really dreading is heading home for the Holidays and knowing that this precious peanut is not going to be there. After 14 and a half WONDERFUL years, our sweet Mulligan passed away. She lived such a wonderful life, was spoiled rotten, and always was loved. It was tough to see her the last few months, as you could tell she was in pain and would soon be saying goodbye, but that still can't prepare you for the heartbreak you feel when you lose your pet. She was my first puppy and the reason I knew I wanted another dog (since she was the family dog, she didn't travel to Iowa City with me)
Goodbye sweet girl. Rest easy
What I'm working on...
New Bedding! I graduated from grad school in May. And I'm still using the bedding I purchased in undergrad. It was super cool at the time, but now I question what I was thinking!
So, I've decided it's time to upgrade and get some adult bedding. So I've been working on researching bedding to get the look I want, that will last me a long time! I want something versatile and I'm loving the all-white look!
I'm leaning toward this white, ruched set from Pottery Barn! Now I just have to figure out how to dress it up, because we all know white needs an accent color or two! If you have any suggestions, let me know!
What I'm excited about...
Reuniting with this crew! So many friends are coming back for our programs annual Healthcare Symposium, the MHA Golf Outing, and Homecoming! After graduation, almost everyone moved away to head off to their respective jobs in new places, so the thought of having some return makes me very excited:)
What I'm watching...
If you missed my entertainment post, where I recap all my new favorites, check it out here!
I cover all my favorite TV shows that started back up last week!
What I'm listening to...
As I type this I'm listening to
Mariah Carey and some Christmas music! It was 52 degrees out on my bike ride this morning and I've decided that's cold enough and I'm ready for the Holidays!
What I'm wearing...
Last Friday it was Scrubs!
Now this is an old picture, but on Friday, I biked to work shortly after the rain ended. I thought I'd be fine. Turns out the mud and puddles I biked through thought otherwise, and I had a GIANT mud stain coming up my backside. So I got to wear scrubs all day! They were pretty comfy and I was pretty happy:)
What I'm doing this weekend...
Cheering on these guys! It's homecoming weekend so I'm excited to see everyone back in town to cheer on our Hawkeyes!
What I'm looking forward to next month...
October means Halloween!! I love celebrating and decorating for Holidays! So much so, that I even got Kenni a Halloween collar and costume! She'll be rocking the collar starting Saturday, so I'll share pictures soon!
Finally, my favorite fall recipe...
Okay y'all. If you haven't tried Shay's (Mix & Match Mama) Taco Chili you are missing out! It's a new favorite. I've made it for myself, I've made it for friends, I'm going to be making it for family! It's an all-around awesome recipe that everyone from the kids to grandparents and everyone in between will love!
Well that's all! Happy Wednesday everyone!
xo,
j







Visiting from the link up! I just invested in white bedding and I love it, I'm still using my old sheet set because it's so soft and wonderful but the grey & white isn't my favourite. I'm on the lookout for some white patterned sheets but haven't found anything I love yet so I'm holding off.
ReplyDeleteYes to all the Christmas music :) Totally have that on my list as well!
ReplyDeletehttps://happilyevergriedlscom.wordpress.com/