Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Life Lately


Happy Tuesday! I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Lots of exciting things have been happening in my world, so I thought I'd share Life Lately...

Last week, all employees at UIHC received an email about how they were running low on blood and were looking for donors! Now I hate needles and have yet to have a successful blood donation, but I figured, why not?! People need help, so I should be able to face my fears and help them!

So I called and made an appointment to donate blood! After work I headed home, changed, let the pup out, and made dinner before making my way back to the hospital. 


Here I am, blissful and ignorant. I assumed, since the tubes filled with red, that my donation was going well. Turns out, I was wrong. Unfortunately, I threw a clot and my  blood stopped flowing :( Therefore, my donation was QNS - 'quantity not sufficient' and I had to watch as they threw 4 tubes and a bag of my blood into the bio-hazard bag. There is nothing more defeating in the blood donation process than watching so much blood just be thrown away:(

But, it went much better than my previous attempts, so I've decided I'll be back in 8 weeks, which is the earliest turnaround they allow! I'll keep ya posted on if that one goes better!

I also got to watch two little munchkins last week!


This little one and I were in the middle of our game of Frozen 'Go Fish'. We're still working on how to play, but she's loving it and so am I!


Munchkin #2 definitely doesn't have the game down, so she helped with drawing cards and played with her hair. You can't quite see it but she wanted to ponytails to go with the one on top of her head. It was silly, but I happily obliged. She walked around all night with three ponytails. I think she's a new trendsetter ;)

After that, it was time for the weekend! Since I've started working full-time, I've realized how precious these two days are! Full of time for friends, family, and the pup!

I threw a mini-tailgate and had two co-workers come over to watch the game with me! Of course that meant cheering on our Hawkeyes (win or lose, we still love them!) and taking lots of pictures with the pup!


Kenni hasn't quite mastered the selfie with Nicole, but I bet they'll keep working on it....


And Kenni loved jumping up onto Angela's lap!


I just love this little nugget :)

This weekend was extra special because one of my friends from grad school came to visit and another friend from grad school was free and so I got to meet up with both of them!


Lindsey is in Milwaukee, which is a lot further away than the whole one street over she used to be for the two years of grad school!


Emma is busy getting her SECOND Master's degree, so when she isn't busy studying, working, or babysitting, I love getting together with her:)

So that jumbled mess of random activities has been life lately:)


Have a wonderful rest of your week!

xo,

j






No comments:

Post a Comment