Monday, September 26, 2016

Let's Talk - Entertainment!


So today, I'm linking up with Erika to talk about some of my favorites! Every month, she and Andrea chat about a different topic and this month is Entertainment!

Now I don't know about you, but this post could not have come at a better time for me, because this last week ALL my favorite shows started back up! So needless to say, I've been posted up on the couch or the bed watching all my favorite TV shows. 

Can we just take a minute to recognize and give thanks to the creators of DVR. I stick to my 9:30p bedtime on weekdays, so I can't always watch my shows that start at 9p! So I've been DVRing everything and watching it over the next couple of days!

So my shows start on Tuesday nights!

Tuesdays are my guilty pleasure nights with my junk/reality TV. 

I started watching Below Deck one day when it was snowy out a loooooong time ago. My mom, brother, and myself watched season 1 while snowed in! And ever since then, it's been a good, mindless, entertaining show!


Again, a super entertaining, crazy TV family that's pretty fun to watch!


Okay y'all, this just might (definitely) be my new favorite show! It is SO GOOD! If you haven't checked it out yet, you definitely need too!


And then Thursdays come. Shonda you are a genius. I live for Thursdays on ABC. Scandal is out this fall (Olivia Pope in real life is having a baby), so it's been replaced with a new show called Notorious. So far, it's living up to the TGIT standard!

Finally, Sunday night brings....


Quantico! I love this show and am super excited to see where they take the new season!

So crazy to think that I've also had some time to read books in the midst of binge watching all these TV shows on my couch, but I've also had some awesome favorites this past month!


I love Amy Schumer. I love her honesty. I love that she's no BS, give it to you straight, and doesn't try to pretend she's something that she's not. So this book was an awesome mix of humor, life lessons learned, and a whole lot of other things all thrown in. It's a good read (although maybe not for innocent, young minds)


This book was a perfect thriller! It kept me on my toes the whole time and it was a surprise ending that I just couldn't predict, so I was guessing the entire time!

Because we all need a good love story, I decided to check out A Light Between Oceans. 


I was thinking I wanted to see this movie when it comes out, but I hate not reading the book first. So I added it to the list. But be warned - it's definitely a tearjerker!

My final book came from Shay's book review! 


I'm only halfway through this book but I can't wait to finish it and figure out what happens! It's about a plane crash and the book follows the before of those who perished and the before and after of those who survive! It's another good suspense if you're looking for one!

So that's what I've been watching/reading lately! Let me know what you've been loving lately!

Happy Monday!

xo,

j

2 comments:

  1. The Chrisleys always make me laugh :) We really liked Designated Survivor, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get on the Light between Oceans train. I am with you, DVR is one of the best inventions ever! :) I can't believe I missed the Chrisley's know best, I am going to have to catch up.

    ReplyDelete